Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Ask Kanter

The profile setup for Blogger.com includes a random question, which you may answer at your leisure to be included in your public profile. The stupid questions they ask I thought required extensive telling off, so I went to respond to the one they gave me. Unfortunately, my telling off was too robust, and the system wouldn't let me include it in my profile.

So now, I'm writing it here, devious cur that I am.

And, seeing as I was answering a question, I thought I'd answer a couple other questions that come up occasionally while I was at it. Sort of like a giant, sarcastic FAQ.

Aren't paper mache cuts the worst? (This one from Blogger.com)
Unless you're making some sort of paper mache knife (In which case you should crack a window) the only time paper mache has enough hardness to gut anything is when it has already dried into some kid's 3rd grade science project, and is completely harmless. In all other cases it is WET PAPER. If you have somehow managed to cut yourself on wet paper, then I congratualte you for still being alive. I'm not sure how you've managed with your severe intelligence handicap long enough to ask me this completely inane and overly contrived question, but you should definitely try to enjoy what of your life you have left before you accidently cut out your own lungs with a left-handed safety scissors. Also, DO NOT BREED. Please, think of those of us who'd have to teach your resultant progeny. Think of the good fo the human gene pool. This is not an option. The one and only real contribution you can ever make to society is not contributing to society. And you will do this, or so help me, I will give you a spork and leave you alone for ten minutes to make sure your line ends there.
Next question, please.

Is there life after death?
Well, of course. The real question is, "Is there undeath after death?" This is a question much more in keeping with the sort of things modern science should really be looking into. I mean, I don't care if you can make my coffee maker fresh grind the beans just before it makes my coffee, just before I wake up. I mean, sure, this is a marvelous thing that affords me fresh ground coffee with less work, and anything with less work is fine by me. What I really want from science is some definitive sort of yea/nay answer on the question of zombies, animated skeletons, or other undead (vampires, wights, liches, that sort of thing). Can these sorts of things exist? I really want to know. Even scientific creation of pseudo-undead is worth looking into. The zombies in Resident Evil, for example, are not actually zombies, but animated tissue with only basic instincts. There's a load of difference there. At the very least, can we at least create some sort of nanites that find human bones and bind them together to make skeletons? And how hard would it really be to genetically engineer vampires? Man, some of these goth types belive that they're vampires already, and they've already got the fangs. Can't we just give them the ability to live off of blood, and a fear of garlic? They already fear light, so that's not an issue. I mean, immortality might be a little hard, but I think you guys just have one too many donut breaks. Honestly, how hard could it be? Come on, science, we're waiting here.
Next question please.

Why are we here?
Well, you're apparently here to ask this question.
I, on the other hand, am here to say:
Next question, please.

Are you crazy?
Define crazy.
Next question please.

Are you posessed of a mental illness?
I don't have any specific illness that I know of, but I am getting pretty sick and tired of these questions, and that's enough to make anyone snap. Of course, the fact that it is, in fact, myself asking me these questions that annoy me so, one could argue for schizophrenia, but I argue that with myself all the time, and we've yet to come up with a definitive answer. Actually, all we've really managed to pump out on the issue are a couple rehashes of old schizo jokes. (Q: How many schizophrenics does it take to screw in a lightbulb? A: 1/8 to 1/2)
Next question, please.

Nothing further.

Why thank you for this annoyingly banal line of questioning which has produced nothing useful from the both of us.

If you readers out there would like me to answer your question, you can e-mail me at rromagar@hotmail.com. In this I have become more like Alex, and soon I will kill him and take over his life, and the only person who will notice will be Scott, but he's all anti-social and no one listens to him anyway.

I make myself laugh. The rest of you are a secondary concern.

No comments: